Saturday, December 14, 2019, 11am – 12pm
Recipients of the degree of Associate of Arts, Nursing
Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
Brown Baptist Church, Southaven, Mississippi
Recipients of the Associate of Arts and Associate of Applied Science degrees, Career Certificates, and Technical Certificates
Monday, December 16, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Doors will open 1 hour prior to the Ceremony.
Howard Coliseum, 4975 Highway 51 North, Senatobia, MS 38668. Link for map
View the Video Feed here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGZ9e44DNTjk3QU6KUNAOWQ?view_as=subscriber
Deadline to apply for Fall 2019 Graduation has passed.
Spring 2020 Commencement: May 8, 2020.
Graduation Application Form
The Northwest Mississippi Community College Commencement Exercises are viewed as a formal ceremony. We ask that family and friends who will be in attendance refrain from yelling and walking around during the ceremony. No balloons, signs, or noise makers are permitted within the coliseum.
Northwest Mississippi Community College
Commencement Ceremony Instructions
December 16, 2019
- November 11 acknowledgment emails sent to Commencement participants (check personal and Northwest email).
- December 4-5: Pick up your souvenir Regalia and Pronouncer Card at the Bookstore of the campus indicated in your acknowledgment email.
Hang your gown up so that the wrinkles will fall out, but do not iron it.
- December 13: receive text message (email if cell phone number was NOT provided) with “line up” section and number.
- December 16 - Commencement DAY
- Candidates for Commencement will line up no later than 9:45 a.m. by section and number as provided on December 13. Look for signs with your section (for example, if your number is B2- 5– you would line up in section B2.)
- Ceremony begins promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Candidates for graduation will be seated in alphabetical order by program of study, Associate of Arts (seated on south side of the coliseum), Associate of Applied Science by pathway and Certificates by pathway (seated on north side of the coliseum).
*** In case of rain, proceed to your assigned seat. ***
- Graduate Attire:
- Caps (tassel is on the right side) - Decorated caps are not permitted.
- DON’T FORGET your PRONOUNCER CARD!
- Additional regalia
- Gold stole and gold tassel for Phi Theta Kappa members
- Purple and White double cord and white tassel for National Technical Honor Society
- Certificate candidates have a black tassel
- As Commencement is a formal ceremony, graduates should wear professional attire under their regalia.
- Women should wear professional attire with dark “dress” shoes.
- Men should wear white shirts, dark dress tie, dark socks, black shoes and dark trousers.
- General Ceremony Instructions:
- Please do not chew gum, carry anything in your hands, or display any unbecoming actions during your Commencement.
- During prayers and the Alma Mater, please remain standing. Men should remove their caps.
- After singing of Alma Mater, all will process out beginning with the last row.
- Walking Across the Stage Instructions
- As you are in line to walk across the stage, you will hand your PRONOUNCER card to a representative from the Admissions Office near the podium on the floor.
- You will then proceed up the stairs of the stage.
- As soon as your name is called, you will walk across the stage.
- If you meet “honors” requirements, that will be announced after your name
- 3.5 or higher cumulative Northwest GPA as of the completion of the fall 19 semester
- Receive your diploma with your left hand and shake the hand of the President with your right hand.
- Shake the hand of the Vice President.
- Continue off the stage and return to your seat.
- The Northwest Mississippi Community College Commencement Exercises are viewed as a formal ceremony. We ask you to remind your family and friends who will be in attendance to:
- Arrive timely as the ceremony will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Refrain from yelling and walking around during the ceremony.
- Balloons, signs, and noise makers are NOT permitted within the coliseum.
- Can’t attend: If you are NOW unable to attend the Commencement Exercises due to “life happenings” or ineligibility due to failure of classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org AND return your cap and gown to the Office of Admissions and Records by December 13th.
- On or before February 15, 2020 - receive email and text notification (if cell phone number was provided) regarding your digital and paper credentials.